Grilled Pineapple with Mascarpone Cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8 slices of peeled fresh pineapple, 1/2-inch thick
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Place the hazelnuts into a small saucepan over medium heat, and shake the pan until the nuts turn golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside. Mix the lemon juice, lemon zest, mascarpone cheese, and honey in a bowl until well combined.
- Grill the pineapple slices on the preheated grill until the slices show brown grill marks and the fruit is hot and juicy, about 3 minutes per side. Serve 2 slices per plate with a generous dollop of sweetened mascarpone cheese and a sprinkling of toasted hazelnuts on each serving.
- Pizza Dough
- Marinara Sauce
- Olive Oil Spray
- Preferred Toppings
- Roll out small pieces of dough, heat up the grill, spray a little EVOO (as Rachel Ray would say), and place the dough on the grill.
- Flip once and add sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you like ...easy and cheap!
Submitted by Facebook Fan Stacey Theberge Clarkin
Grilled Watermelon Salad
- Canola Oil
- Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cube seedless watermelon and lightly coat with oil so it doesn't stick.
- Combine with crispy arugula, goat cheese, and quality balsamic vinaigrette.
Submitted by Facebook Fan Katie Goff-Briggs
Marinated Grilled Shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.