LightStream Explores 2018 Outdoor Home Improvement Trends
Are you considering a backyard overhaul in 2018? You’re in good company. According to a recent Harris Poll, more than half of homeowners plan to do some renovating this year. Of that number, 48% are focusing on outdoor projects, including pools.
Here’s what else the survey revealed:
- The new tax code is changing home improvement spending for one in four homeowners. It made some cut back, but for most it increased their project budgets.
- Homeowners were about even on whether they’re planning a DIY project, with 34% doing it themselves, 36% opting for professional service and 30% trying a mix of both.
- Spending continues to rise. Projects that cost more than $5000 make up 45% of planned renovations, up 3% from 2017 and maintaining an upward trend over the last three years.
- While 62% will draw from savings to pay for their projects, others are financing using a variety of methods detailed in this infographic.
To see the full infographic, visit https://blog.lightstream.com/2018-home-improvement-trends
If you have good credit, one way you can save money financing your new backyard is an unsecured home improvement loan from LightStream. You can preview your monthly payment before you apply. And if you decide to complete the simple, online application, you could have up to $100,000 for your project as soon as today.†
Transform your backyard without breaking your bank.
- *All loans are subject to credit approval by LightStream. If approved, your APR will be based on loan purpose, amount, term and your credit profile. Conditions and limitations apply. Advertised rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
- †You can fund your loan today if today is a banking business day, your application is approved, and you complete the following steps by 2:30 p.m. Eastern time: (1) review and electronically sign your loan agreement; (2) provide us with your funding preferences and relevant banking information; and (3) complete the final verification process.
- SunTrust Bank is an Equal Housing Lender. © 2018 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved. LightStream and SunTrust are federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Lending services provided by SunTrust Bank, member FDIC.